Linux Systems Administrator with LAMP developer skills
32-40 hour per week, on-site, employee position
Brownrice is looking for a friendly, detail-oriented Linux Systems Administrator with web development experience and superior communication skills - both written and verbal - who is capable of working in a team environment and enjoys helping people solve technical problems.
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay depending on skills and experience plus health benefits, paid vacation, retirement plan, and a ski pass (or equivalent bonus for non-snowsports people.)
The ideal candidate would have:
- 3+ years commercial experience administering Linux servers
- Apache configuration, performance tuning, and debugging in a web hosting environment.
- MySQL configuration, performance tuning, and debugging in a web hosting environment.
- Real-world Linux security experience in a hosting environment with ability to manage servers and applications through PCI compliance processes, diagnose hacks (CMS exploits, SQL/XSS injection, etc) and provide customer-level remedies.
- Commerical experience with and Git in a multi-developer, multi-release environment..
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, Security Groups in a large-scale commercial environment.
- Experience in a technical support capacity specifically related to hosting.
- Experience with web site building using CMSs (Wordpress, Joomla, Expression Engine, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Typical duties might include:
- Identifying network and server bottlenecks, troubleshooting, optimizing, and reporting.
- Suppporting AWS developers and ensuring that they have the tools needed for rapid development.
- Reporting to end-users, Project Managers, Programmers and other System's Adminstrators on statuses of projects via Jira, SmartSheet, and other tools.
- Building and configuring both physical servers and VPSs in our on-site data center.
- Configuring and trouble-shooting AWS services for customers.
- Running network cables and building racks in our on-site data center.
- First-line tech support for our hosting clients: Email configuration, hosting set-up, and general troubleshooting via phone and email.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Taos or Albuquerque offices. If you do not live in Northern New Mexico, or do not plan on relocating, please do not apply.