Experienced Programmer Position
Web Software Engineer
32-40 hour per week employee position
Brownrice is looking for a friendly, detail-oriented, experienced web software developer with superior communication skills - both written and verbal - who is capable of working in a team environment, on our in-house projects as well as our contract projects, and enjoys helping people solve technical problems and building great applications.
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay depending on skills and experience plus health benefits, paid vacation, retirement plan, and a ski pass (or equivalent bonus for non-snowsports people.)
The ideal candidate would have all of this experience:
- 3+ years commercial PHP and MySQL development experience in a group environment.
- 2+ years commercial REST API development.
- 1+ years commercial experience with Bootstrap, Vue, Capistrano, Node.js, React and npm.
- Experience with Git in a group development environment, Git lab, etc.
- Experience working in AWS services: EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, etc.
The ideal candidate would also have some experience with these technologies:
- Commercial experience administering Linux servers.
- Apache configuration, performance tuning, and debugging in a Linux environment.
- MySQL/MariaDB configuration, performance tuning, and debugging in a Linux environment.
- Docker experience; configuration, maintenance, and support.
- Experience in a technical support capacity specifically related to hosting.
- Experience with web site building using CMSs (Wordpress, Joomla, Expression Engine, etc.)
- Real-world Linux security experience in a hosting environment with ability to manage servers and applications through PCI compliance processes, diagnose hacks (CMS exploits, SQL/XSS injection, etc) and provide customer-level remedies.
Typical duties might include:
- Providing time estimates and writing technical specifications for new projects, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- Writing code, testing code, optimizing code, and deploying code to development, staging, and live environments via Git and Capistrano
- Identifying application and server bottlenecks, troubleshooting, optimizing, reporting, and fixing.
- Migrating LAMP stack web sites, API's, and applications, from server to server or cluster to cluster
- Reporting to end-users, Project Managers, Programmers and other Systems Administrators on statuses of projects via Jira and other tools.
This is a full-time, employee position. Contractors need not apply. Preference will be given to applicants in Northern New Mexico, or those planning on moving to Northern New Mexico (Taos, Santa Fe, Albuquerque).